Friday, May 22, 2015

Puget Sound Waterfront Photo Spots in the Seattle Metropolitan Area

The Puget Sound waterfront areas offer so much to photograph.  You can get pictures of the iconic ferries coming and going, you can get pictures of the Olympic Mountains in the distance, or better yet a picture of the Olympics with a ferry in the foreground.  Or, you can go for the triple crown and get shots of the sunset over the water with the Olympics in the background and a ferry in the foreground.  It doesn't get any better than that, does it? :) 

I have checked out quite a few waterfront locations in the last few years looking for good photo spots, and there are two that I find to be by far my favorites.  

Edmonds

I love going to the Edmonds waterfront.  It has everything I want as there is a park right by the ferry dock, and it's a direct view from there of the Olympic Mountains.  I have gone there countless times and always come away excited about the shots I was able to get. 














Downtown Seattle- Myrtle Edwards Park

My other favorite waterfront spot is Seattle's Myrtle Edwards Park.  It is a fantastic spot with long stretches of paved walking/biking trails along the waterfront, giving views of the downtown skyline, Mount Rainier, and of course the Olympic Mountains and the Puget Sound.  

This is the view looking south towards downtown and the port from one of the higher spots in the park.  

The rest of these are the view looking straight west from the park.




No comments:

Post a Comment